This is not just a high-speed lure. The time taken to get the lure balanced just right, shows in its ability to swim across the entire speed spectrum from slow to fast.
The lure features a thicker, strengthened plastic terminal tackle moulding that holds the hooks securely under pressure and is stronger than through wire. The lure has been developed in two swim depths and two lengths covering everything from 3.0 metres all the way down to 6.0 metres.
Think big tuna, kingfish, mackerel and wahoo.
Model: 130 mid | code: HD130m | style: floating | size: 130mm | weight 48g | action: tight wobble and roll | max troll speed 15 knots | depth: 3m
Tuna (all species), mackerel, wahoo, kingfish
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Dragstar is a high speed trolling lure for offshore use. It comes in two sizes with a max trolling speed of 15 knots for the 130mm and 18 knots for the 190mm. It is designed to be trolled for pelagic speedsters all over the country. It also works well at slow speeds.
HOW TO USE
• This lure is generally used with a heavy offshore outfit. These lures pull plenty of drag so a heavy rod and strong drag are needed.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Set the lures behind the boat and troll at your desired speed. Look for current lines, or feeding birds to find the fish.
• If you are trolling multiple lures, set them at different depths and distances from the back of the boat.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• If you are chasing toothy fish like mackerel and wahoo, rig the lure with a length of wire to avoid bite offs.
• Once you hook up, keep trolling for another few moment, you could get a double.
• If you prefer singles, you can change the trebles that come pre-rigged