These lures have been used extensively on bream and bass in the estuaries and dams to barra and snapper in the larger sizes. Flathead too love them and they can be fished super slow or twitched like a fleeing prawn. They are available in a range of life like colours and are one of the most versatile plastic lures on the market.
Style: Prawn Imitation.
Size: 2 Inch.
Bream, bass, flathead, estuary perch, snapper, yellowbelly, jewfish, barra, coral trout and all other reef species.
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Prong is a soft plastic prawn imitation lure capable of being used at multiple depths. It has to be rigged on a jighead or worm hook and can be fished with weight or weightless. It has long life-like tendrils that waft in the current. You can use this lure in estuaries, off beaches, in impoundments and offshore.
HOW TO USE
• The prong has to be rigged on a jighead or worm hook. Make sure it is rigged straight for the most lifelike action.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• It can be allowed to sink and worked back to the boat or shore with a hop off the bottom. Mix up the retrieve until you work out what the fish are responding to. Use multiple hops before letting the lure settle.
• This lure is ideal for very snaggy territory as it can be rigged weedless using an Atomic weighted worm hook or Gamakatsu unweighted worm hook.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• Use this lure on the surface rigged weedless on a Gamakatsu worm hook. This technique is dynamite in estuaries and offshore