on smaller profile baits. Like the Bream Shad Mid, crank it down to the desired working depth and retrieved with a slow steady wind or briefly pause to tempt wary feeders. Perfect in the estuary for bream.
Action: Wide wobble and roll
bream, bass and estuary perch
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Bream Shad is a 40mm diving hard body which suspends making it ideal as a jerk bait. It dives to 1.0m and will hold in the water column making it ideal for use around structure where fish are holding tight. It has a smaller profile than other lures. It is effective around timber snags but will also work over weed beds, around rock walls, oyster racks, bridge pylons, wharves and jetties.
HOW TO USE
• Estuary outfits in maximum 4-8lb range will yield best results when casting. Braided lines with a flouro leader or straight through flouro line will be best.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Fishing depths up to 2+ metres will be suitable for this lure. Target edges, snags or even flats with weed beds and use a stop/start retrieve for best results.
• Long casts will be rewarded. Position yourself so the wind is at your back if possible.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• This lure has a small, thin profile. It is important to match the bait in the area you are going to be fishing.
• Vary your retrieve slightly by adding in a downward pull of the rod tip causing the lure to accelerate, then decelerate.