Action: Wide wobble and roll
bream, bass, flathead and whiting and trout
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Crank 38D is the consummate estuary lure. It has a proven history of winning bream competitions over a decade and will catch a variety of estuary species. Dives to 1.2metres and can be used around boat hulls, flats areas, rock walls, oyster racks, bridge pylons and wharves and jetties.
HOW TO USE
• Estuary outfits in maximum 4-8lb range will yield best results when casting. Braided lines with a flouro leader or straight through flouro line will be best.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Depths up to 2 metres are suitable. Target edges or flats with weed beds and use a very slow wind retrieve for best results. This is what anglers refer to as a slow roll. The slower, the better the results will be
• Long casts will be rewarded. Position yourself so the wind is at your back if possible.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• Don’t be afraid of bumping into structure. The swimming angle and fast float of the Crank 38 Deep will allow it to bump or float over structure. Fish often hold in tight to this terrain.
• Vary your retrieve slightly by adding in a downward pull of the rod tip causing the lure to accelerate, then decelerate.