The Power Minnow swims with a slow deliberate wobble through the water when cast and retrieved. Being a floating lure, it can be paused, allowing it to rise over timber below the surface. It can handle faster speeds where the wobble gets tighter but no less attractive to predatory fish.
The lure has been developed in two swim depths and two lengths covering everything from 2.5 metres all the way down to 4.0 metres. Ideal for barra, jewfish and even mackerel.
Model: 100 deep | code: HPM100d | style: floating | size: 100mm weight: 20g | action: wide wobble and roll | depth 3.5m
Barra, threadfin, mangrove jack
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Power Minnow is a large profile mullet imitation, perfect for the top end. It casts accurately and comes in two sizes with diving depths from 2.4 to 4 metres. It is suited to the top end run-off and estuary use.
HOW TO USE
• This lure is generally used with a bait caster outfit around the 10-17lb or 12-25lb range. Pair this with 30lb braider and a fluorocarbon leader
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Cast the lure at structure. The closer the better and perform a few quick winds to get your lure down to working depth. Then change to a slow and steady wind. Barra, mangrove jack and threadfin are ambush predators.
• Accurate casts will be rewarded. These fish stay close to structure.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• These lures are also useful offshore for trolling. The Power Minnow caught and landed a 20kg mackerel during testing.